This building was designed and built in 1923 by architect Douglas James as the Fire House for the Duncan Volunteer Fire Department.

It is now occupied by the Old Firehouse Wine Bar.

41 Ingram Street, built in 1923 as Duncan's Fire Hall, now the Old Firehouse Wine Bar
40 Ingram Street, built in 1923 as Duncan’s Fire Hall, now the Old Firehouse Wine Bar

Along with the Duncan Volunteer Fire Department, this building originally contained facilities for the local police, including a court room and jail cells.

Additional Information on 40 Ingram Street

40 Ingram Street has been divided into two strata units

  • Assessed Value (July 2015): $205,500 (Unit 1) and $127,000 (Unit 2)

The Duncan Mayor at the time this building was designed and built was Ormond Towers Smythe.

41 Ingram Street, built in 1923 as Duncan's Fire Hall, now the Old Firehouse Wine Bar
40 Ingram Street, built in 1923 as Duncan’s Fire Hall, now the Old Firehouse Wine Bar

Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?