Duncan Residential Districts
Islay Street – 1080 Islay Street
1080 Islay Street was built circa 1912 and is a good example of a modest Arts & Crafts style house of the period. This house has been placed on the City of Duncan Heritage Building Inventory.
1080 Islay Street was built circa 1912 for Wilfred Corbishley, who ran a heating and building supply business in Duncan. He also served on Duncan City Council.
Stucco has been applied to the exterior of this house, which is an alteration from its original wood exterior. In the 1940s and 1950s, stucco was applied to the exterior of many earlier houses and this house is an example of that mid-20th century trend.
Here is a map showing the location of 1080 Islay Street:
Here is a Google Street View image of 1080 Islay Street:
Additional Information About 1080 Islay Street
- Assessed Value (July 2018): $365,000 – Land $219,000; Buildings $146,000
- Assessed Value (July 2017): $345,000 – Land $210,000; Buildings $135,000
- Assessed Value (July 2016): $269,000 – Land $161,000; Buildings $108,000
- Assessed Value (July 2015): $284,000 – Land $146,000; Buildings $138,000
- Assessed Value (July 2014): $271,000 – Land $146,000; Buildings $125,000
Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?