Duncan Residential Districts
Islay Street – 1014 Islay Street
1014 Islay Street was built circa 1912 and has been placed on the City of Duncan Heritage Building Inventory.
The year 1912 was near the peak of an early 20th century economic boom in British Columbia, which started about 1907 and ended in the fall of 1913. There are several more homes from this period still standing on Islay Street and there are other examples on other streets in the Cairnsmore neighbourhood.
1014 Islay Street is a good example of a small early 20th century bungalow, which would have been quite typical in Duncan at that time.
Here is a map showing the location of 1014 Islay Street:
Here is a Google Street View image:
Additional Information About 1014 Islay Street
- Assessed Value (July 2018): $392,000 – Land $240,000; Buildings $152,000
- Assessed Value (July 2017): $371,000 – Land $229,000; Buildings $142,000
- Assessed Value (July 2016): $289,000 – Land $176,000; Buildings $113,000
- Assessed Value (July 2015): $295,000 – Land $160,000; Buildings $135,000
- Assessed Value (July 2014): $290,000 – Land $160,000; Buildings $130,000
Would you like to leave a question or comment about anything on this page?